Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Seedling transplants doing well

The seedling transplants I did a couple of days ago seem to have taken.  I was worried about one basil plant in particular.  Since yesterday he has been 'heads up'.

I have also been doing water changes, about 1 litre twice a day.  I have been using water from a friends existing pond, as well as water that I have have been aerating using a air pump and a air stone. This is just to get rid of the chlorine in the water. In future I will just put a bucket of water outside and let the sun do the job.

The pH started round 8 and seems to be dropping slowly now. Apparently the fish don't like sudden changes so I will be taking it slowly.

 I am giving the water that I have taken out to my 'real garden' plants.




No comments:

Post a Comment