Pages

Saturday 20 October 2012

Cat burglar

This morning I was disturbed by a noise in the kitchen.  I had some uninvited guests in the past and  these noises always put me on edge.

Anyway, it turned out to be my co inhabitant Caramel.  He was looking for something to eat...

Caramel examining the menu.








As you can see the water is very murky.  I think I overfed the fish and the residue of the flakes is causing it.  I have since changed to feeding them the small floating pellets.
I hope to do a partial water change today to clear the water.

On the bottom right of the tank you will see two indicators.  The Ammonia Alert on the left and the pH Alert on the right.  They provide continues  readings.
They cost about R140 for the pair.  The Ammonia Alert has a lifespan of about a year but the pH Alert's is shorter - can't remember exactly how long now. You can also buy them individually for about R 110 each.  I bought mine at Jungle Aquatics in Broad Acres where I also got my fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment