Pages

Sunday 28 October 2012

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Other than feeding the fish I have pretty much left the system to it's own devices the past week.  The water has cleared up nicely and the fish seem very happy.

They are still wary when I feed them and wait till I stand back before they start feeding.

The basil is doing really well. The rocket on the other hand is reaching for the stars.  The system is located in front of a window in my kitchen but the plants seems to want more light.

I've harvested  some basil  & rocket but I had to be careful not to uproot the whole plant.

The garlic chives & celery are also growing.  If I compare it to the seedlings in the 'real' garden they seem to be more or less the same size. I have read somewhere that it takes something like six months before the aquaponic system settles after which it really starts performing.

Clear water & the plants are reaching for the sky.

1 comment:

  1. That looks great, when your systm has settled in nicly you can also increase the amount of fish so that they produce more food for the plants

    ReplyDelete